Glasser Australia undertakes that:
- The collection and use of personal information must relate directly to the legitimate purposes of Glasser Australia
- The use and disclosure of any personal information for any other purpose must have the person’s consent. The exception to this include where there are reasonable grounds believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health and where the organisation is required to provide information in response to Subpoenas or Warrants or other legal process.
- Ensure that stakeholders are informed as to why we collect the information and how we administer the information gathered
- The organisation will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the personal information it receives and holds is up to date and complete
- Store personal information securely, protecting it from unauthorised access.
- Provide stakeholders with access to their own information, and the right to seek its correction.
- This policy applies to all organisational areas and is binding of all staff, clients and volunteers of Glasser Australia.
- All personal and/or health information will be removed from our records when it is no longer required except for archival requirements.
Glasser Australia’s Board of Governance is responsible for developing, adopting and reviewing this policy.
Glasser Australia’s Board of Governance is responsible for the implementation of this policy, for monitoring changes in Privacy Legislation and for advising on the need to review, or revise this policy as and when the need arises.
Privacy Act 1988 (Australia) The Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic)
PCISSC standard Jan 2019